- Black forest cupcakes Who can resist the old classics? From recipe here.
- Blackberry and apple shortcake
I raided a few recipes from over here - the first being this one. If you want a recipe you know is going to work go for one on a blog - you know it's tried and tested :) I just added blackberries as well.
- Individual tirimisu cheesecakes - quite possibly the ultimate cheesecake flavour!
250g Amaretti biscuits
125g Unsalted butter
120g Caster sugar
2 1/2 Eggs
180 ml Creme fraiche
2 1/2 tbsp Cornflour
2 - 3 tsp Coffee essence2 - 3 tsp Tia Maria
- Vegan beetroot and chocolate cake. From recipe here. Last minute. com topping was sweetened soy milk with vanilla thickened with cornflour.
- Pineapple puff pastry tarts - "That was lush!" said the guy we had helping us with the washing up. Eevryone had to try one. He was right. They were! Recipe again from here. I tried adding a bit of lemon curd under the pineapple slices. Seemed to work well. Other than that - maybe you could try frangipane. These literally came out of the oven and went straight on the road - can't beat that for freshness. So busy didn't manage to get a photo of finished tart - this pic actually comes ©Ms Marmitelover from this event we did.
- Cauliflower, fennel, red onion and radish salad. Earlier in the year at a dinner party we were serving I had made a cauliflower and fennel coleslaw when those were the only ingredients we had left, and we had found ourselves with a little bit of extra time as guests sat down late. It seemed to work very well, and I tried it out as a salad here bound with mustard vinaigrette. A few basil leaves finish it off.
- Benedict bars